Exhibitors entitled to partial refunds, tickets will be refunded in full
The GSMA has revealed financial packages it is offering to visitors and exhibitors of MWC which was cancelled last month amid the growing coronavirus pandemic.
The company announced that all tickets purchased by attendees would be refunded via the original method of payment.
Clients with spend up to £5,000 will have to options:
- Option one: cash equivalent to 100 per cent of 2020 paid fees; OR
- Option two: A cumulative fees credit of 125 per cent of 2020 paid fees over three years as follows:
- MWC2021: 65 per cent fees credit
- MWC2022: 35 per cent fees credit
- MWC2023: 25 per cent fees credit
The GSMA also announced that MWC2021 rates will roll-back to those used in 2019 “as a gesture of goodwill to support our clients”.
GSMA CEO John Hoffman said: “The GSMA values the loyalty and support our members and partners in the mobile ecosystem worldwide.
“We are grateful to have the full support from our operator board of directors and already have formal exhibition support for MWC Barcelona 2021 from NTT DOCOMO, Orange, Telefonica and Vodafone.”
“More than ever, our sincere thoughts remain with those affected around the world in these trying times.”